Your ultimate networking guide for Summer 2017 in Dublin
May of many weathers has kicked Ireland’s ‘summer’ (yes, we said summer!) off to a great start this year. Let’s hope this is just a taster of what’s to come weather wise.
While this is a time when we generally get a bit more relaxed and let our hair down, it doesn’t mean all business events get put on the back burner. The summer months just make networking events that bit more enjoyable, interesting and fun.
If you are new to the networking scene or are wondering how to get the best out of each event you attend, set some goals prior to arriving. Make it that you want to speak to 3 different people. Or if you’re going to an event with various speakers or workshops, have a plan of where and when the talks are taking place. If there is an event page online scope out the other attendees. You may find it easier to talk with these strangers if you’ve done some research on them beforehand.
While it may be the ‘norm’ for you to attend industry specific events, it’s good to once in a while step out of your comfort zone. General networking events can be fun, and allow you to learn and meet people you may not usually run in to at your usual spots. Summer networking events can be a great place to make new friends and enjoy the weather.
Finding events to attend is now a lot easier thanks to sites such as Eventbrite, Meetup and Networking Ireland. But don’t forget to look within your own company too. Many think you have to get out to meet new people and make connections. Why not host your own event, and encourage team members to bring a friend? Or try a team building exercise? Tough Mudder or Hell and Back run in a number of locations throughout the summer, and will be the ultimate test for you and your team!
You don’t have to take the summer off. It’s always a good idea to keep building new relationships that can help you and your career grow. Have a look at just some of the events coming up that we definitely have pencilled in our diary to attend.
- 3XE Digital, 17th May, Croke Park.
- Image Networking Breakfast, 19th May, The Marker Hotel.
- Network Dublin 2017 Women in Business awards 26th May, Fire Restaurant, The Mansion House.
- Diversity & Embracing Difference – Event sponsored by Salesforce, May 25th, The Dean.
- The National Sales and Marketing Summit, 31st May, RDS.
- National Construction and Engineering Summit, 14th June, RDS.
- Taste of Dublin, 15th – 18th June, Iveagh Gardens
- Startup Weekend Dublin, June 16th – 18th, Google.
- Intraprenuers Squad, June 28th, Bank of Ireland Workbench Grand Canal Dock.
- Independence Day Lunch, 4th July, Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road.
- Inspirefest, 6th July, Bord Gais Energy Theatre.
- Growth Hacking Workshop, 25th July, The Central Hotel.
In August business may seem to take a break, and so too might traditional networking opportunities, however in Dublin there are so many events throughout the month. Keep your eyes open, get out and get talking. You never know what opportunities might arise.