All you need to know for summer networking in Belfast
The sun is shining and the temperatures are on the up. Summer is the ultimate networking time of year. We like to believe it’s thanks to the longer days, everyone being more relaxed and events are just that little bit more fun. You’ve hopefully by now had a look at our summer networking guide for Dublin, if not, don’t worry! Our Dublin summer networking guide is available here.
We haven’t forgotten about Belfast. The summer line up of networking events is one to rival that of any city. We’re making sure you are getting out and networking in these summer months. You can thank us later!
Networking is vital to your career growth as it can assist you in creating new relationships and a good reputation amongst those in your field of work. The people you meet could be a future point of contact when you’re stuck in a work related rut, in need of a helping hand or just some expert advice.
Networking is great for sharing ideas and knowledge. Whether it’s asking for feedback or discussing your point of view, it will help you expand your knowledge and allow you to see things from a different perspective.
It is also great that at networking events you will come across others who at one stage may have held a similar position to yours in their own career. This can give you an opportunity to learn and avoid some of the common pitfalls they may have experienced or made in the past.
It’s natural that networking will result in opportunities. The thing you will not know is when or how they will materialise. These conversations at various networking events can result in a referral, an offer of a possible partnership or request for your service or product.
By regularly networking, and pushing yourself to talk to people you don’t know, it will help increase your confidence as a business owner, because your business growth is dependent on talking to people and making connections.
So take a look at the various upcoming events in Belfast this summer.
- Networking Breakfast 24th May, Ulster Bank, 39 Market Square, Dungannon.
- Networking: ‘Givers’ and ‘Takers’ (and everything in between), 25th May, Allstate, 9 Lanyon Place.
- 7 Secrets to Winning Customers and Growing Your Business, 25th May, Wellington Park Hotel.
- Belfast Craft Beer Festival, 25th – 28th May, Custom House.
- Mid-Antrim Networking, June 1st, Adair Arms Hotel.
- Marketing for Start-ups – A Frameworks Workshop, 7th June, Liberty IT.
- Northern Ireland Start-ups Forum Launch, 5th June, The Great Hall, Belfast City Hall
- Digital DNA 2017 6th June, St George’s Market, Oxford Street.
- Business Success Seminar, 4th July, Henry Schein Minerva Dental, 5-6c Dargan Court.
- The Dubai Duty Free Irish Open 2017, 6th – 9th July , Portstewart Golf Club
- Summer Beach Party Twilight Market, 1st – 2nd August, St. George’s Market.
- Hilden Beer and Music Festival, 25th -27th August, Hilden Brewery.
You may be familiar with the business world going into hibernation towards the latter half of summer. Why not take this as a perfect opportunity to organise your own networking event? It’s a time of year when people don’t want to be stuck in a heated, crowded room so keep this in mind when planning. You can organise an outdoor event or get involved with a charity to help raise funds.
Will we see you at any of these events? Let us know @glandorenetwork.
If you would like to find out how Glandore can help you set up your business in Belfast, get in touch with us for a tour and chat.